Warranty - New Zealand
BFGOODRICH Passenger Car, Recreational, Van and Light Truck Tyres, used in normal service and only in accordance with the maintenance recommendations and safety warnings of the BFGoodrich Company, are covered by a new tyre manufacturer warranty against defects in design, workmanship and materials subject to the conditions set out below.
What’s Covered and for How Long?
a. New & unused tyres sold by an authorised NZ retailer and only purchased from the authorised NZ importer within three years of the manufacturing date.
Where the tyres are sold within three years of the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or to a maximum of six years from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.
B. Unused tyres sold three years after the manufacturing date.
Where the tyres are sold unused older than three years by an authorised retailer after the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or six years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
At the end of the relevant periods stated in paragraphs a. and b. above, all warranties, expressed or implied are terminated.
The original usable tread pattern is the original pattern down to the level of the tread pattern wear indicators – namely1.6mm of tread pattern remaining.
Date of purchase is either documented by new vehicle registration (where the tyres were fitted on a NZ new vehicle as original equipment) or original tyre sales invoice confirming authorised retailer & purchaser details as well as date of purchase/fitting to the vehicle concerned.
What’s not Covered?
Tyres which become unserviceable under the following circumstances are not covered by this warranty:
- Road and hazard injury (e.g. a cuts, tears, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not);
- Any type of damage howsoever caused to include but not limited to:
- Incorrect fitting or mounting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance or improper repair.
- under-inflation, over-inflation, overloading - improper maintenance including lack of regular pressure checks, rotations and vehicle geometry checks or other types of abuse.
- Mechanical irregularity of the vehicle or components such as wheel misalignment or drivetrain issues resulting in uneven, abnormal, unusual noises or rapid wear.
- Subjective NVH (noise, vibration & harshness) issues arising from anything other than a tyre manufacturing defect or product quality issue.
- Vehicle manufacturer specifications and settings that are known to cause uneven tyre wear to achieve handling effects deemed to be of commanding importance by them
- Wear or damage caused by mechanical empathy issues such as harsh accelerative and de-accelerative forces and tyres that have been driven beyond their limit of adhesion and or standard operating temperatures.
- Tyres fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels
- Tyres fitted to modified vehicles that develop unusual wear patterns
- Tyres that have been previously repaired by a third party
- Tyres that are worn below 1.6mm remaining tread depth in any area of the useable tread pattern
- vehicles which are carrying loads or running at speeds higher than the load and speed index marked on the tyre sidewalls or that is recommended for the vehicle;
- Tyres that do not comply with either or any of the prevailing legal standards for safe use on the public highway
- Tyres purchased or obtained second hand or pre-owned either used or unused, this includes tyres fitted to used cars and or imported vehicles, tyres without original proof of purchase and correct fitting from an authorised NZ retailer
- Tyres fitted or unfitted where they or the vehicle have been in possession of a motor dealer
- Improperly stored tyres including fitted assemblies either fitted to vehicles or otherwise
- Tyres which have not been fitted or used in accordance with the technical recommendations /specifications of the manufacturer as published by them from time to time and are not the standard stated type or specification for the vehicle as determined by the vehicle manufacturer
- Accident, fire, chemical explosion, contamination, tyre alteration or vandalism;
- Private sales, tyres imported or purchased from unknown or unauthorised sources other than the authorised NZ importer and wholesaler
- Any climatic, seasonal, geographical, topographical or ozone effects including excessively high or low temperatures either in storage or in use.
- Product damage resulting from any off highway use, motor sport or competition activities of any type and or track day type use are expressly excluded as these are clearly outside of “normal” road type use.
- Due to the infinitely variable conditions present here in NZ BFGoodrich do not offer any form of minimum or maximum mileage performance warranty as may be published in other countries or regions where commercial and physical conditions are different.
Conditions and Exclusions
Where the tyre becomes unserviceable only due to a condition within the terms of this warranty, BFGOODRICH may at its option repair the tyre, supply an equivalent tyre as replacement, reimburse the proportional value of the tyre to the dealer based on the remaining useable tread depth or offer such other form of compensation according to its prevailing commercial policy.
This warranty does not provide compensation for service charges incurred, charges for mounting and balancing, loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage insofar as the law permits.
Tyres presented to an authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer for compensation remain the property of the consumer and BFGOODRICH accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to tyres which are in the custody or control of an authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer for the purposes of inspection. Tyres accepted by an authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer for compensation become the property of BFGOODRICH. In the event of a dispute, the consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
No authorised BFGOODRICH Dealer, representative or employee has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement that in any way varies the terms of this warranty. Except as expressly provide for in this warranty, all other implied warranty, guarantee, representation, promise or agreement and liability arising from breach of the foregoing are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
THIS WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY IN NEW ZEALAND.